Age Group Trials/Coaching/Holiday Clinics/Programmes/Will Young Trust Fund
COVID-19 UPDATE 18TH MARCH 2020 – New Zealand Cricket, in conjunction with its Major and District Associations, have agreed to cancel community cricket, including clubs, schools, programmes and training, for the rest of the season. This decision follows our most recent medical advice and recognises our obligations towards the New Zealand cricket family and the wider public interest.
Based on expert advice from New Zealand Cricket’s Chief Medical Officer Dr Martin Swan and recent government information we want to ensure that cricket is acting to pre-emptively supress the spread of coronavirus.
While cricket is a non-contact sport there are considerable measures that need to be in place to adhere to expert advice around reducing the risk of spreading the virus. Our focus specifically is on minimising the risk and impact on the cricket community and ensuring health and well-being is our highest priority.
New Zealand Cricket is working with our Associations to ensure we collectively provide ongoing support to local clubs and the wider cricket community during this challenging and disruptive time.
Coaching & Vulnerable Persons Policy – ALL coaches of players 18 years and under are required to:
1. Register in the NZC Coaches database.
2. Complete the online ‘Vulnerable Persons’ modules.
3. Be police vetted through NZ.
4. Be in possession of a Coaching Qualification appropriate for the level at which they are coaching.
5. Understand that the police vet and all coaching qualifications are valid for a 3 year period.
Please register now by going to the following link: http://www.nzc.nz/community/coaches-corner/register
PRIMARY GIRLS SUPER BASH TERM 4 2020 – Dates to be confirmed
All Yeah! Girls session have been cancelled due to COVID-19.
SUPERSTAR CRICKET ACADEMY 2020
- INGLEWOOD – Dates to be confirmed
- STRATFORD – Dates to be confirmed
- HAWERA – Dates to be confirmed
- NEW PLYMOUTH – Dates to be confirmed
WILL YOUNG CRICKET TRUST
Taranaki Cricket are proud to announce Brittain Wynyard have agreed to come on board in support of the Will Young Cricket Trust.
Brittain Wynyard a supplier of sporting goods that include brands such as G&M and Asics have been supporting Will in his professional career for the last 12 years.
Will, in conjunction with Taranaki Cricket, set up the Will Young Cricket Trust last year. The aim of the Trust is to endeavour to remove any financial barriers for cricketers from Taranaki aspiring to play the game. Having Brittain Wynyard on board allows the Trust to help even more cricketers in our province.
TCA encourages anyone to apply to the Trust for things that will assist them in their cricketing journey.
Applications are open throughout the season.
- Taranaki Cricket Association manage & operate the ‘Will Young Cricket Trust’.
- Applicants must be an individual or school sports team.
- Applicants must be a Taranaki resident.
- All funding applications will be considered on merit.
- Applications for funding will be called for each cricket season.
- Each applicant may only make one application per season.
- Taranaki Cricket will be selecting recipients in a fair and open manner and may seek further information when considering an application.
- Taranaki Cricket retains the right to verify how the money will be allocated.
- Taranaki Cricket’s decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Please CLICK HERE for a Will Young Cricket Trust Fund application form. All applications are to be forwarded to Travis Stewart, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.